Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's Almost Fall, Y'all!

I'm trying to pull myself out of the funk I've been in for the last several weeks. It seems like these moods sweep in and then the next thing I know, the seasons are changing and the previous weeks and months seem like a blur. I don't know if it's what you'd call depression, but it feels like a total lack of motivation.

But, this has been a gorgeous day! It's really hard to be gloomy when there isn't a cloud in the sky and the temperature is in the 70s. That's pretty close to perfect. Before long, the leaves will be changing and it'll be time to pull out the sweaters. I can hardly wait!


Until then, I've been adding some fall here and there around the house, trying to get myself into that mode of anticipation that I always feel this time of year.


We've had a Halloween party for the last 8 or 9 years, and every year, I say I'm not doing it again because it's so much work and usually stresses me to the hilt. But the kids love it so much and I hate to let them down. I think some of our best memories together as a family were in the fall, surrounding party preparation. How can I not continue the tradition for our kids for as long as I can?



In the last few years, we've come away from the Halloween theme and moved toward a harvest theme. I just don't feel good about "celebrating" Halloween anymore, but I have to admit, I still love jack-o-lanterns and anything pumpkin-related. Pumpkins just speak fall to me. And the kids love dressing up. So, in a way, I guess we're still doing the Halloween things, but calling it something else...does that even count?





So, here we go. A beautiful new season is on the horizon. Cool, crisp air. Colorful, crunchy leaves. Sweaters. Hot chocolate. Candy corn. Football. Chili. Harvest. These are some of the blessings of the season. I'm looking forward all the great things God has in store.



Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christa...Lovely photos. Wow, I didn't know you had foliage in the fall in Alabama. Now I know.

    It's lovely here, too, in western Massachusetts. It's probably my absolute favorite season.

    I like all your holiday decor. Looks festive. I have a maple butter candle I am burning and it makes the house smell divine.

    Take care, Christa. Glad you are taking action to get out of the funk and that you are planning the harvest bash. that's great.

    thanks for your visit and comment to my blog. Susan

    ReplyDelete